Orange Ginger Chicken
Yields: One gallon-sized bag of orange ginger chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- The juice from one orange (about 1/3 cup)
- 1-inch of fresh ginger root, peeled and minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
*I added onion and carrots also
- 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
- Label your freezer bag.
- To your freezer bag, add all ingredients.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 3-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
You can serve over rice or noodles.