Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast
Yields: 4 servings
- 2.5 pound bone-in pork shoulder (sometimes labeled as a “ Boston butt” or “pork butt”)
- 15oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove bones and shred meat.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Add to slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork. Remove bones and shred meat.
They recommend serving the leftover cranberry mixture in the slow cooker with the meat.
Notes from Amy:
- I increased everything, except for the onion, in order to Yield 6 servings for our exchange
- I bought the Pork Butt in bulk at our Dillons and had them cut it in half for our exchange. They were very helpful!