Hearty Chicken Enchiladas
MAKES: 4-6 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, enchilada sauce and chilies. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a meat is tender.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Reserve 1-2/3 cups cooking juices. Pour the remaining cooking juices into a large bowl; add the beans, corn and shredded chicken. Coat 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray; add 2/3 cup reserved juice to dish.
- Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Add some cheese, roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes. Pour remaining reserved juices over top; sprinkle with any remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned.