Sausage and Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 28oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower florets to the pot and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse the florets with cold water. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over mediumhigh heat. Add the sausage and cook for 8-10 minutes until browned, using a spoon to break into small pieces. Stir in the onion, garlic, and thyme. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the tomatoes and juices to the pan and cook for 5 minutes more. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Remove the skillet from heat and carefully stir in the cauliflower. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13inch baking dish. Sprinkle with almond flour. Bake for 20 minutes, and then turn the oven to broil and cook an additional 35 minutes. Garnish with parsley to serve.
Servings: 4 – 6