Slow Cooked Pork with Orange Marmalade
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 hours (low) or 4-5 hours (high)
• 2 1/2 –3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs (or Pork Tenderloin)
• 1 jar (10 ounce) orange marmalade
• 1 jar (8 ounce) hoisin sauce
• 4 garlic gloves, minced
• 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
• 1/4 teaspoon cracked red pepper flakes
Trim fat from ribs. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium; coat with cooking spray. Brown ribs on all sides, then place them in a 4-quart slow cooker. (Brown Pork Tenderloin, too)
In a medium bowl, combine marmalade, hoisin sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and cracked red pepper flakes. Pour over ribs in the slow cooker and stir to coat the meat with sauce.
Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high heat for 4-5 hours. Baste with the juices a couple of times. Transfer meat to a serving platter and spoon some of the sauce over it. Pass remaining sauce at the table and serve with hot cooked white rice.