Honey Lime Chicken Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 35 mins
- 4 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 11⁄2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, keep the juice!
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp Lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Corn starch
1. Cut the chicken into strips or bite sized pieces and sprinkle with garlic salt.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medhigh and add chicken.
3. Cook chicken until golden brown.
4. Drain the pineapple, keeping the juices.
5. Add 1⁄4 cup of the pineapple juice to the skillet.
6. Cover and simmer 6-8 minutes.
7. Remove the chicken from the pan.
8. Add honey, lime juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and remainder of pineapple juice to the pan.
9. Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
10. Cook and stir until thick and clear, about one minute.
11. Add chicken and pineapple tidbits last and heat through.
12. Serve over hot rice and it’s cool to garnish with lime wedges or Chow Mein noodles.
13. To freeze this recipe, cook it all up as directed above. Then let it cool, and add it to a gallon size freezer bag. Label and freeze. Then warm it up and serve with fresh hot rice.