Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- 6 chicken thighs, skin & fat removed
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 green or red pepper, sliced or chopped
- 1 onion, sliced or chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 T. dried basil
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. salt
Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
Brown chicken for 3-4 mins per side.
Stir remaining ingredients together.
Place sauce & chicken in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve over pasta with mozzarella cheese. Place cheese on top of pasta before chicken and sauce.