Cheeseburger Soup III
Here is the recipe I went off. I did not put jalapeno or carrots in, but you can add those when you heat it up, if you would like. If you want it thicker or thinner, you can add some milk/water to it or add some thickener(flour or cornstarch) to your liking. We sometimes add shredded cheese and/or bacon on top too and it’s good!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 pound processed American cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, potatoes, carrots, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic. Sprinkle salt and bouillon over the mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown; drain.
3. Stir cooked beef and 2 cups milk into the soup and heat through. Combine remaining 1/2 cup milk with flour, stirring until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, 3 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until melted. Season with cayenne.